Pentagon Revokes Former Air Force Chief’s Security Clearance Over Air Force One Disclosure

News
Pentagon Revokes Former Air Force Chief's Security Clearance Over Air Force One Disclosure - Revival Nation News - Blog

The Pentagon revoked former Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall’s eligibility to access classified information Friday, accusing him of disclosing sensitive details about Air Force One’s capabilities to the media. The move also bars him from holding any sensitive position.

 

“This action follows his unauthorized disclosure of classified information regarding Air Force One’s capabilities to a media outlet,” Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said in a social media post. The accusation follows reporting last month, including from The New York Times, on security concerns over the new, Qatari-gifted Air Force One, which reportedly lacks the advanced antimissile capabilities of its predecessor.

 

Kendall, who served under President Joe Biden, told The Associated Press Friday he is “completely mystified” by the revocation. “I’ve always been extremely careful to not say anything classified, and as far as I know I have not,” he said. “No one has said anything to me about what I’m asserted to have revealed and I can’t imagine what it could be.”

 

The Qatari plane underwent a $400 million retrofit and was put into service domestically. President Trump flew on it to Turkey for the NATO summit last month but used the older Air Force One model to leave the summit as the U.S. launched airstrikes on Iran and Tehran attacked three Gulf Arab states.

 

U.S. officials told CBS News that Trump returned on the old Air Force One following a credible threat from Iran and allied proxy groups. The U.S. detected a credible plot to fire a missile at the plane, and the Secret Service swiftly swapped to a backup strategy. The old plane is equipped with secure communication systems and sophisticated military defenses. The new Qatari plane was “hurried into service and is lacking some desired capabilities,” officials said.

 

Trump publicly denied the swap was due to security concerns, though he also said he’s under threat “all the time” and is Iran’s “No. 1” target. The White House later announced Trump would continue using the old Air Force One while the Qatari plane receives “additional upgrades and enhancements.”

 

In the Times article, Kendall was quoted saying the timeframe for upgrades wouldn’t be enough for “all the normal Air Force One modifications” and that he was surprised the plane was used outside the U.S. The Pentagon apparently considers those comments classified.

 

Parnell warned that “safeguarding classified information is a non-negotiable duty. Those who violate that trust forfeit the privilege of access and any role requiring it.” He didn’t say if Kendall is being referred for prosecution.

 

This isn’t the first time the Trump administration has revoked security clearances. It pulled clearances from 37 current and former national security officials last year. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth also revoked clearance for retired Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley.

 

Kendall insists he disclosed nothing classified. The Pentagon says he did. No prosecution has been announced yet.

Thank you for your support.

If you appreciate the work we do to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, please consider giving a gift to help us continue this work. Maranatha!

Click an icon below to share this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.
Tags: News
Tags: Air Force One's capabilities, Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall, Former Air Force Chief, Over Air Force One Disclosure

All articles, including blogs and guest articles, published on Revival Nation News are owned by Revival Nation and Revival Nation News. The use of any content created and published by Revival Nation News may be quoted but attribution is required.

Portions of Revival Nation News articles may be used for reprint and republish purposes, but Revival Nation News MUST BE CREDITED.

All reprinted or republished articles must:
(1) Identify the author of the article.
(2) Contain the Revival Nation News byline at the beginning of the article and a hyperlink “Revival Nation News” to the respective article on the Revival Nation News website.
(3) Contain, at maximum, three paragraphs and then link back to the original article.

You might also like

Explore Categories

DAILY UPDATES ON END-TIME NEWS
THAT MATTERS TO YOU

Summoning The Demon - Alan DiDio - Book - Order Now - Revival Nation - Banner Vertical